Search my Blog

Monday, March 2, 2009

Black Koci


I've been thinking of this since ages.... The last time I made Kuih Koci (white ones) was in in the early year 2000's. I remember brought them to the office for a colleague who never eaten Kuih Koci in her life (there is no kuih Koci being sold in Miri).

Tonight I just could not hold my desire anymore & gave myself no more excuses. I bought the black glutinous flour many months ago. So, after watching my favourite Indonesian series and dinner was cleared up, I managed to get my sleeves up for this...! My boys were so curious what kuih I made out of the ugly dough. However, half of those were gobbled right after the steamer was opened... "oooosh...heavenly delicious but wanna keep some to bring to school tomorrow", they said!

(Makes 18 pieces)
INGREDIENTS:
200g Glutinous Rice Flour
100g Black Glutinous Rice Flour
1 tsp Salt
275ml Water (adjust if necessary)
- Mix until smooth dough is formed

FILLING:
50g + 50g Black/White Sugar
50ml Water
150g Desicated Coconut
1 Screwpine Leaf
- Heat up sugar & water until boiled. Add the rest & cook for a while.

GRAVY:
1 packet Coconut Cream
1 tsp Flour
1/2 tsp Salt
- Mix & microwave for 1 min.

METHOD:
1. Wrap filling into a small portion of the dough.
Place on a piece of banana leaf & pour 1 tsp of gravy.
Wrap.
2. Steam for 25 minutes.

UPDATE
People who have tried my recipe:
Ika  & again

2 comments:

  1. salam along... glutinouse and black glutinouse tepung beras tue mana nak cari???? teringinnya nak makan... btw saya budak baru belajar masak.. mohon diberi tunjuk ajar :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me,
    Wsalam. Glutinous tu tepung pulut, kat kedai runcit & supermarket semua nya ada jual. Yg susah sikit nak cari tepung pulut hitam tapi kalau nasib baik mungkin terjumpa.

    ReplyDelete

Please use OpenID if you do not have any account.
(Sila guna OpenID untuk tinggalkan komen anda jika tiada akaun Google)